Somehow forgot to post this — over a year ago. But has lots of good stuff on Detroit!
I have been reading Hour magazines “101 things every detroiters should do” and assume it pertains to former detroiters as well. So here’s some things that made my list:
– Roller Derby Motor City style: see the Motor city disassembly line, the Motown Wreckers, the D-Funk all stars and my fav, the Detroit Pistoffs.
– the Rust Belt Market in Ferdale, where Old Navy used to be. Weekend art fair of sorts.
– Ernie’s sandwich shop, Oak Park
– Ford Rouge Factory tour
– Detroit Mexicantown, churros at Mexicantown bakery
– Inn on Ferry Street
-cliff Bells jazz joint, Bakers Keyboard Lounge
– Detroit soup
– Mon Jin Lau in Troy
– Motor city wine bar, 608 Woodward
– Russell Industrial Center, artist in Albert Kahn former factory
-Funk Night, monthly at the contemporary art institute
– Motown museum
– Yemen Cafe in Dearborn
– :Dorothy turkell house (by FLWright)
– Royal Oak lost and found vintage
– pewabic Pottery,
– cadieux cafe… Mussels and feather bowling
– Arab American National Museum, sole museum in US dedicated to such