Life Is Sweet Candy Museum
We are fortunate to stay in Chicago with relatives on the Gold Coast – although I’m not sure we can afford to shop there. Still, the NYT recently had a story about some shops that at a minimum could be fun to browse in. And they are….
– Independence, 47 East Oak Street. Men’s wear
– Candyality, 835 N. Michigan Av. (artwork made from candy, exhibits on the history of candy making in chicago, and…real candy. this place I’m visiting!)
– Perchance, 11 East Walton, fancy women’s wear
– Space 519, 900 N. Michigan Ave. refurbished vintage furniture, etc.
– Samantha Chicago, 64 E. Walton, haute hippie for the young (or young at heart?)